Long-range Enterprise drones have incredible capabilities and countless possibilities from which to perform multiple functions. Over time, their development has evolved to achieve a significant improvement in two of their main features: range and autonomy.
Range is one of the main characteristics that should be taken into account when choosing the type of drone. Depending on what you want to achieve with the UAV and the precision with which it is necessary to detect, collect and interpret the data, the decision will be one or the other.
By acquiring this product, there are many professionals who benefit from it: farmers, cartographers, security companies or even for private use. Professional long-range drones are capable of mapping the terrain in 3D, loading or transporting small loads and collecting audiovisual material for commercial purposes, among others.
What are professional long-range drones and how do they work?
Nowadays, professional long-range drones have become a widely used product in both the private and public sectors. They can be defined as unmanned aerial vehicles whose range is greater than that of other UAVs on the market, due to the performance of specific tasks.
It is remotely operated by the operator, usually from the ground. He uses a remote control to steer it and manage its speed. They usually have one or more built-in cameras that allow the pilot not only to see the area he is flying over, but also to capture the images and videos he needs.
Thanks to the compact size of their engines, professional long-range UAVs have the ability to fly in open spaces and can perform a wide range of functions and activities, such as recording incredible audiovisual material for a film or production.
They are made from very lightweight materials so that professional long-range drones can fly faster than conventional drones. They are usually equipped with powerful batteries capable of providing the necessary power to the whole system and charging it uninterruptedly, as well as enabling the movement of the propellers that propel it and make it fly.
Main characteristics of professional long-range drones
As mentioned above, before choosing a professional long-range drone, you will need to consider a number of elements that are considered essential. Below, we will explain some of the most important ones in more depth.
- Range. One of the most important characteristics. Thanks to the software and transmission systems that this type of UAV uses, the flight distance at which they can collect data is an essential factor to take into account. There are a multitude of drones, each with a maximum range. Before making a decision, it will be necessary to take into account the use to which the device will be put in order to evaluate the different options available.
- Transmission. This is considered to be another of the main advantages of long-range drones. Normally, this type of UAVs have a fairly high transmission quality.
- RTH (Return to Home). This is another of the characteristics that should be taken into account when choosing a professional drone. As they have such a long range, it is advisable for this type of UAV to have this function. In this way, when long-range professional drones are far away from their point of origin and want to return to it, they will not have any kind of problem.
What are the main advantages of professional long-range drones?
Professional long-range drones have a lot of advantages. From HPDRONES we inform you more in depth about some of the main ones.
- High data collection capacity. Thanks to the long range of this type of professional drones, they can collect a large amount of data over long distances. This is one of the great advantages of long-range professional UAVs. This type of UAVs cover a large area every time they fly, but it is extremely difficult to collect all the data without having a large capacity memory. One of the distinguishing features of this type of drone is its suitability for collecting large amounts of data, and its weight is equal to or less than that of conventional models.
- More stability in the control of the drone. Long-range professional drones offer much simpler and more dynamic control than other drones. As they are professional drones, manufacturers are fully aware of their use, whether for recording professional audiovisual content or for the development of a precision agricultural activity.
- Higher image quality. Normally, long-range professional drones have cameras that are integrated and offer the possibility of enjoying a much higher image quality. This point goes hand in hand with the previous one, since in order to perform the functions for which they are designed, long-range professional drones must be equipped with good cameras.
In short, long-range professional drones offer endless possibilities and features for a multitude of activities: precision agriculture, obtaining audiovisual content or inspecting infrastructures. However, before choosing the one that best suits your needs, it will be necessary to take into account a series of factors considered essential: range, autonomy and data transmission capacity, among others.
If you are thinking of buying a long-range professional drone and you don’t know where to start, get in touch with us! At HPDRONES we will be happy to attend to your requests and advise you throughout the process so that you can choose the UAV that best suits your needs.