Flying a drone requires a lot of responsibility and safety. As such, it is important to maintain a concordance between the rules to follow and the creativity and freedom of flight. As an Unmanned Aircraft pilot, you are solely responsible for ensuring that all your flights are carried out with the utmost safety and in accordance with all local laws and regulations.
Essential points to keep in mind when flying your drone!
HPDRONES remains on alert and, therefore, we leave you some essential points that you should take into account when performing your flights, so that you are always safe.
- GEO zone: DJI’s Geospatial Environment Online (GEO) is the best-in-class geospatial information system, providing all its users with up-to-date guidance information on areas where flight may be restricted due to safety or regulatory issues. From GEO the pilot has the ability to make intelligent decisions on how, where and when to fly. Access the GEO Area Map.
- Unblocking requests: As mentioned earlier GEO allows the display of zones of various risk levels in which flying may pose safety concerns thus allowing users to unblock them. When it comes to unlocking low risk zones the pilot is able to do so most easily with just a few clicks, whereas with high risk zones users are required to submit specific credentials. Unlock a zone.
- Policies and regulations: The DJI Fly Safe website provides links to the corresponding authorities in various countries. As relevant policies and regulations will be updated from time to time, please check your local policies and regulations before flying. You can also find additional general operational guidance on the DJI Flying Tips website.
Indications for a safe flight
- Follow local legislation;
- Fly in open areas and keep the drone within the line of sight;
- Never fly over people, animals or moving vehicles;
- Take care not to fly in areas that interfere with manned aircraft operations;
- Keep your hands on the control handle to avoid losing control of the drone;
- Before take-off, confirm the GPS signal to set a “Home Point” and ensure stable positioning;
- Check the battery and that there is no damage before each flight.
Other DJI advantages for keeping the drone safe
AirSense ADS-B: Some DJI drones have the AirSense ADS-B receiver, a technology proven by aeroplanes and helicopters, in a study it was found that the probability of an aviation accident decreased by more than half for small aircraft. The system displays nearby aircraft on the remote control and provides automatic alerts.
Precise Hovering: Downward vision system (GNSS) and infrared detection system for stable and precise hovering.
Care Refresh: Comprehensive and reliable protection solution that provides DJI products with coverage for a range of accidental damage and natural wear and tear. Incidents such as collision, water damage, signal interference and natural wear and tear are covered by DJI Care Refresh.
APAS 5.0: Detects objects in all directions and overtakes them quickly and smoothly. Even new pilots can fly confidently and safely, and create smooth footage even in tricky scenarios.
With the vision of safety outlined, HPDRONES calls on all our customers to fly safely and make the most of every flight. We advise you to follow local regulations. Drones are tools that bring numerous benefits in various sectors, following the rules and regulations is a duty as a drone pilot.