Thanks to the evolution that technology has experienced over the past few years, UAVs have been implemented in many sectors. Now, besides knowing how to handle them, knowing the parts of a drone and the different functions they have will allow us to choose the one that best suits our needs.
A drone has a multitude of components. Each of the parts performs a function, all of which act together with the goal of the UAV fulfilling the corresponding activity it is being used for. Thus, the disbursement will not be made excessively, but according to the function we are looking for.
What are the different parts of a drone?
As mentioned in the introductory section, drones are opposed to various parts, which perform their function in order to ensure that the UAV performs the corresponding tasks for which it was created.
Next, from HPDRONES we will explain what some of the general parts of a drone are, as well as the different purposes that each one has.
- Propellers. The propellers are the part of the drone that allows it to lift off the ground, i.e. offers you the ability to fly. Depending on the model and quality, propellers can be made of plastic or carbon fiber. Both are lightweight materials that allow for better flight, longer range, and less noise. It is important that these are in good condition for flying, otherwise the drone could get out of control. Therefore, good maintenance of the propellers will be vital for the drone’s performance, efficiency and stability.
- The motor. This part is what turns the propellers and propels the drone off the surface from where the flight starts. There are usually two types of motor. On the one hand, there is the three-phase motor, this being the most common, due to its lightness, power and precision. In addition, it uses less energy and provides a higher rotation speed. On the other hand, the two-phase motor, which is much larger and heavier, so it consumes more energy.
- The frame. This is known as the skeleton of the drone. This is a structure that provides rigidity and stability to the drone, so that interference or vibrations that can occur when the propellers start turning are avoided.
- The battery. The batteries are responsible for transmitting power to the drone. There are different types of battery, but the most commonly used are usually lithium polymers. When buying a drone , we must know the autonomy it has. And depending on the objectives you want to achieve with its use, as well as the tasks for which it will be used, we will need a drone with one battery or another.
- The camera. The drone may or may not have a camera, depending on the functions for which it will be used. Now, within this part, it is possible to find countless models. There are cameras with higher resolution for retrieving activities such as audiovisual production, there are drones that don’t have a camera, and there are UAVs that have a professional 4k camera. Regardless of the use that is going to be given, having a drone that has a camera is a unique experience, being able to access images or videos that would be impossible on our own.
- GPS. This component is very important for expanding the operation of a drone. Thanks to drones with GPS you can know the latitude, longitude, elevation and direction of the drone, as well as the different reference points. It also lets you know the location from which the flight starts so that you know the place you have to return to in case of loss of signal due to some kind of failure or incident that occurs during the trip. It is one of the components of the drone that will need to be taken into consideration before making the final decision.
- Flight controller. This part of the drone is vital to its proper operation, as it is considered the “brain” of the UAV. The board is responsible for controlling and managing all the data and information that the operator sends to the drone. However, on the board of the controller there are several elements such as:
- Position sensors
- Velocity Sensors
- Altitude and height sensors
- Height Sensors
All of the above elements are responsible for gathering information about the drone: its location or status, among many others.
The most complete drones at HPDRONES!
HPDRONES offers all its customers the best UAVs on the market, as well as the most complete ones. All of them are manufactured from state-of-the-art materials, belonging to each or the most recognized brands in the industry. We have professionals who have many years of experience, so they will be fully prepared to solve any doubts that may arise throughout the process.
In addition, we offer a personalized attention service to solve any incident and to advise you on which is the best option for you. We have a wide range of possibilities to meet your needs. If you want to know more about us or our products, please contact us!
In short, drones have become one of the most applied technologies in different sectors over the years. Thanks to the advances they have undergone in recent years, UAVs have become protagonists in certain industries, such as agriculture or the inspection of energy installations, among others. To get the most out of them, it will be essential to know the different parts of a drone, as well as the operation and purpose of each one. Only then can we choose the one that meets our needs while making the most of all the resources we have.