Enterprise drones offer support for areas ranging from wildlife protection and research to agriculture. Among the many features offered by DJI Enterprise drones are durability, data quality, after-sales support, software, sensors and accessories.
Key industries that are using drones
The application of drone technology in commercial and industrial operations is growing, making drones more appreciated for missions like inspection, spraying, public safety, etc. Some of the different industries that are using Enterprise drones are:
- Public safety: Officers and military personnel use drones to assist in incident response, rapid mapping and reconnaissance to facilitate informed actions, ensuring the safety of all. Security teams can extract the most from drones, as well as obtain accurate real-time information, map and preserve crime scenes, vehicle collisions quickly and remotely, keeping out of harm’s way.
- Topography: DJI Enterprise drones and solutions improve efficiency in the collection of geographic information and speed up data processing, reducing equipment and labor costs. It is possible to automate data collection and analysis and can create industry standard products such as DSM, DOM and 3D models. Even with a small team it is possible to cover a large area. Equipment such as the DJI Matrice 300 RTK generates 1:500 scale maps without using GCPs while meeting centimetre accuracy requirements.
- Inspection: Large buildings rely on regular maintenance, such as bridges, railway lines, communication towers, etc. Performing such inspection the conventional way can be dangerous for teams. Enterprise drones offer a safer and more efficient way to perform infrastructure inspections. One of the areas that has seen the most use of drone technology is power lines. The DJI Matrice 300 RTK allows for inspection at a distance and at scale, thus allowing the smallest of defects to be identified.
- Agriculture: One of the areas that has most employed drone technology. Farmers conduct surveys through drones to detect environmental changes and make correct decisions, decreasing costs and improving quality. In addition to data collection, the farming industry can take advantage of the efficiency of drones like the DJI AGRAS T30 to spray fertilisers and pesticides on crops.
Tips for better use of enterprise range drones
Perform regular battery maintenance: a habit highly recommended by experts is that you should schedule some battery checks. As stated in the battery documentation that comes with the DJI Enterprise drone, even smart batteries require care to maximise their functionality and ensure safe flights. Proper maintenance becomes even more important if the battery will not be used for an extended period.
Check the battery cycle count: One point that is also quite important is to check the battery level and cycle count. The TB30 battery in the Matrice 30 series, for example, is rated for 400 cycles. It is not advisable to continue using it once this cycle count has been reached. Another point to remember is that the life of a lithium battery is affected if stored at a high battery level.
What should I watch out for with my batteries?
- Do not discharge the battery below 25%;
- Do not store the battery fully discharged or, conversely, fully charged (we recommend a storage percentage between 30% and 50%).
- If the equipment is not used for a long period of time, periodic maintenance charges should be carried out.
- Allow the battery to cool down between charges.
Set up shortcuts on the remote control: for better mission results, we advise you to take advantage of the DJI Pilot 2 app and create shortcuts for your drone’s remote control. However, there are times when navigating a touchscreen menu to select a crucial feature is simply not feasible, for example due to weather conditions. It’s for this and other reasons that the new DJI RC Plus includes more physical buttons than any other drone remote control.
Take advantage of the new Terrain Follow feature for Enterprise drones: Terrain Follow is an intelligent flight mode that is especially useful when mapping or surveying areas with elevation variations. In this mode, the aircraft maintains a preset distance from the ground, automatically rising or falling with the slope of the terrain. While some Enterprise drone models, such as the Matrice 300 RTK and Matrice 30, require you to upload Digital Surface Model or elevation data of the flight area before you can use this feature, Mavic 3 Enterprise operators can take advantage of Terrain Follow as and when they want, as the drone has built-in omnidirectional detection.
Some DJI Enterprise drones that HPDRONES recommends for you!
Commercial drones are used in various corporate environments to improve productivity, efficiency and effectiveness, as well as to reduce costs, as in addition to being a solution that can support security. Our top recommendations for your toolbox this year are the following models:
- DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series: The new Mavic 3 Enterprise and Mavic 3 Thermal redefine the industry standard for small business drones. With a mechanical shutter, a 56× zoom camera and an RTK module for centimetre-level precision, the Mavic 3E takes mapping and mission efficiency to new heights. Featured with a super impressive flight time of up to 45 minutes. Perfect for beginner and veteran pilots alike, it’s built to execute long missions.
- DJI Mavic 3 Multispectral: Effective aerial surveying needs to see the unseen. That’s why the Mavic 3 Multispectral has two ways of seeing. It combines an RGB camera with a multispectral camera to scan and analyse crop growth with complete clarity. This is another version of the DJI Mavic 3, which is equipped with a multispectral imaging system to capture crop growth information and help maximise efficiency and results. The new Mavic 3 Multispectral is an indispensable solution for those working in the areas of precision agriculture and environmental monitoring.
- DJI Matrice Series: The M30 series drones (including M30 and M30T), while made portable and weatherproof, are integrated with multiple high-performance sensors and equipped with the DJI RC PLUS enterprise remote control and the newly updated DJI Pilot 2 flight app for improved piloting efficiency and flight safety. This series of drones integrates multiple high-performance sensors into a single camera load and is still compact enough to fit in a backpack.
Enterprise drones give advantages across the globe in various sectors, providing immediate aerial intelligence, automated manpower, accurate data, response to urgent missions, among other benefits. This technology has been vital in saving lives. HPDRONES is ready to answer questions related to business drones and keep our customers up to date with developments in this field.